Thursday, February 25, 2016

BYE FELICIA

This same old story is getting old, no?  But the life we are living has been the kind dreams are made out of.  The literal kind where we venture off to parties and playgrounds and gymnastics meets.  The literal kind where Emma slaps me in the face, gets red notes at school and then just DOES. NOT. LISTEN.  I think that's about the gist of where we've been.

Since last summer, Emma has turned 3 years old.  She pees and poops in the potty with great regularity and the times she hasn't....well, let's not talk about those times.  Those times were in Chickfila and I poured purell on the floor and said some prayers and we ended up leaving without pants and my dignity.  She is without paci, though there are times I wish I could shove one in.  We went to the beach, where she ate seafood, doughnuts, jumped into each and every pool the resort had to offer and melted our heart with sunglasses and sandals.  The kid who would not could not let the sand touch her precious toes at 1 year old, would not leave the beach willingly this year.  Let's be honest, I wouldn't either.






She has discovered a love of candy, birthday cake and the gift of song.  She's learning manners, and we are hoping she uses them more often than not.  She is going to play soccer in several weeks for an actual team, which means she'll get a jersey and shorts and OMG the absolute cuteness will kill me dead.

We've celebrated Christmas, New Year's and made Valentine's Day treats for her friends at school.  We have had dear friends move away - and we visited them - and then we had more friends move away - and we continue to foster our kidships at school each day.  

Due to unforeseen and slightly annoying car issues, we got a brand new car!  It was like getting a puppy.  We picked her out, then they got her all ready and then they shipped her straight to us.  Originally, she was supposed to go to a family in Baltimore, but the manager stepped in and re-routed it to the Perry family.  And then less than two months later, I went to get Chinese food and .... BAM.  No more functioning transmission.  I know what that means now and what it means is "do not drive home spicy noodle, drive straight to dealership instead."  So that was my bad a little bit.  But at least we ate dinner before the emotions turned to anger.

Emma moved up to the 3 year old room after I pitched a little fit about the 2 year old class she was still mired in.  After some ups and downs, we're settling in.  But Emma has turned into a non-listener, so we may have to look for new childcare after all, once these people boot her out.  She had her 3 year old checkup at the doctor and her first trip to the dentist - the office seriously looks like the jungle.  I asked if I could go there too.  

She continues to be cute and amaze us each day with things she has learned or said.  She loves to be tickled and thrown in the air.  She loves to dance and watch Night at the Museum.  She loves Play Doh and coloring and riding her bike outside.  Her blankets must be in a certain order for her to go to sleep.  She prefers to hug, kiss, high five and pound it out before laying down and upon arrival at school. 



There are days that I feel so very blessed to be her mom (which is all the days), but there are days that I just need to go to my happy place before I send her away to boarding school.  But at the end of those days, she's 3 and is learning how to push my buttons....and how to get them unstuck, which only takes a kiss from my favorite kid in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment