Friday, July 17, 2015

LIFE MOVES ON.

This was originally typed June 3.  We'll go with that.

Intentionally or not, it's been a while since I've written about our awesome little family.  The reasons start with LIFE and end with LAZY.  There really isn't a whole lot of in between.  It's either a circus or insanely boring.

We have purchased a new natural gas grill and have run a gas line from the house, so much of our nights have incorporated grilled food.  Which is awesome, since that means I force David to prepare dinner.

Cousin Meredith got married and Emma and Max were a part of the whole shebang.  Both did amazing.  I took video.  I cried.  I drank pinot grigio.  (Side note, we took along Emma's teacher as a "babysitter."  This might have literally saved my life and those around us.)

We found out that our best friends in the neighborhood....and Emma's best friends ever invented....are both moving.  At the same approximate time.  In like 3 weeks.  Emma doesn't know yet.  But we have cried the tears of a million hormonal people and are so terribly sad.  We were blessed to have them in our lives and Emma's...but it will suck when they are gone.  So, we are furiously trying to figure out playdates and new friends for the sweetest little girl that ever lived.  I don't know how she'll react when we tell her that her favorite people are bye-bye.  Hopefully better than my reaction.

Emma has gotten big and old and all sorts of grown up.  Her favorite word is no, generally in response to anything you ask her to do.  That's if you get a response at all.  Often, there is an implied hand to the face action, which is the superest of funs.

She loves LOVES to swing and will ask to "go high...high up in da sky."  She went from extreme fear of swings to all day every day swings.  I am proud of her overcoming her fear.  I am tired of pushing her on the swings.

David taught her the high five trick....you know the one, "up high, down low, too slow, etc."  Well, Emma uses it on me at bedtime.  I am getting played by a 2 year old.  It's hilarious.  She does it and then I am so taken aback that I cackle.....so she cackles....and then we are awake again yay!

She will read to herself in unintelligible words, until she gets to a page she knows by heart.  She continues to cover her "sleeping" dolls with my dish towels because crime scene.  She loves bubbles but is really pretty bad at it.  Have you ever had bubble solution in your eye?  I have.

She loves to watch the ballgame....meaning, we watch basketball and refuse to change it to Mickey Mouse.  Her favorites include mandarin oranges, yogurt, cheezits and candy.  We force her to eat black beans, as I am assuming it's an acquired taste.  She's a great eater and if you can make it past the 5-7 pm timeframe...well, everyone wins.

Emma's MOST favorite thing ever is Taylor Swift's Shake It Off.  She is a Swifty.  She will listen to this song approximately 7 million times per day.  It plays for 4 rotations on the way to school, not that I'm counting.  She's also a fan of LMFAO Party Rock, Katy Perry Roar and Jack Johnson.  If you are super lucky, she will have a small dance party whilst Shaking It Off.  Complete preciousness.  Also, I am concerned about her future vocation.

She is the most amazing kid and learns more phrases and words and activities daily.  There is literally always something new coming out of her mouth.  Unnerving at times, because excuse me wut?  She tends to get boo boos when playing hard and always wants to show them to Ms Courtney.  Courtney, who provided a bandaid for Emma's first outdoor spill....  she's been promoted to surgeon general in Emma's eyes.  No amount of loving or Neosporin from her parents will keep her from trying to show Courtney her boo boo.




No comments:

Post a Comment