Thursday, October 2, 2014

WHO ARE YOU?

April 14, 2014



I'm afraid that Emma isn't mine, though she totally is all the time.  Granted, she has my nose and my mannerisms and is sweet (like her mama obviously), and has her Daddy's cheeks and big head.  The kid pops cherry tomatoes in her mouth like I would a peanut M&M.  She eats bowls of guacamole at Mexican restaurants.  She passed on frozen yogurt and will eat fruit until she explodes.  So, when presented with a surprise it's Tuesday breakfast of sausage and eggs (livin large in the Dirty D), she opted instead for a blueberry muffin and tomatoes.  Thank goodness, we'll always be able to stay at a Hampton Inn now, just for the continental breakfast.





Cheeks also requires monitoring.  She climbs on tables and tries to jump off.  She has figured out our super intricate baby gate.  She jumps up and down on the couch and lands on her face.  Giggling like a school girl.  She clearly has a wonderful time raising my blood pressure, but the sound of her belly laughing is awesome.  She moves from crying to smiling in about 4 seconds, for no real reason at all.  She likes to throw things, mainly the remote control.  She enjoys giving Gracie a pinch every now and then and will chase her like a zombie around the living room.  I'm looking into prozac for the cocker spaniel.

We will be making our first annual bunny cake for Easter this year.  Emma is going to help and I hope that this doesn't ruin me from baking ever again.  It certainly has the potential.  She has a fully smocked bishop dress, complete with Easter shoes in which she'll get to eat ham from the Honey Baked store rather than from a can.  I think we'll throw out some eggs in the yard and see what happens.  My guess is that she'll just start running and I'll have to chase her.  Youtube a plenty.

I am busy busy at work and only wish to take naps.  I think I jammed an ear plug pretty far in my ear last night in order to drown out house noises and the monsoon that blew over our house.  It didn't come out til I yanked it this morning and that rarely is the case.  Gracie has eaten more ear plugs than I can count, which I suppose mean her system of purchase and return is pretty efficient. 

I can't get over how absofreakinglutely cute Emma is.  I could watch her all day and smother her with kisses.  I want these moments to last, because I am MISSING my baby Emma badly at this stage of the game.   

Cause I like a challenge....we must now start the planning for the beach and the 2nd birthday.  What will we do????  It is gonna involve a charity and chicken I think.  Nevermind.  Girlfriend is not allowed to turn 2.  All good in the hood.

I need a nap. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment