Thursday, October 2, 2014

A LOT

April 11, 2014



I am busy and I am tired and I am the last person that should be writing about how busy and tired I am.  I only have the one baby and the one job and the one husband and the one house.  Between the hours of 5-7 is sometimes challenging.  Emma wants to be held, she wants her pa-pa, she wants her ba-ba.  And then when you think you've just had about enough, she chases Gracie and starts laughing hysterically.

It's at this point that the Perry parents should apologize to our second born dog for bringing a baby into the house that pinches and pulls on her puppy jowls and essentially makes life rough for a Gracie.  Sorry Grace.  





I am also sorry to Emma, for not being always as understanding about your needs as perhaps I should.  I am sorry that sometimes I am toooooo attentive to your wishes, which means that I succumb way too often. Perhaps its a phase of life, but Emma wants what she wants and wants it yesterday.  So frustrating at times.  She hears "stop" and "no" more often than she should, and much more often than we'd like to say.



She is becoming more and more a little person, which is sad and scary and awesome.  She can repeat words back to you and will remember what sound a cow makes.  Needs prompting on the sound a cat makes (we don't like cats, so probably just as well) and is getting proficient in her 100 first words book.  I think she told her Daddy that she loved him.  And the words "no" and "uhhhh" are real big these days.

She loves to be outside and we take her for rides on her tricycle when we can.  She always goes to get the mail with her Daddy and will crawl up her high chair if you utter the words breakfast, lunch or dinner.  I found her reading Shakespeare the other night, or maybe it was Elmo.  Either way, she is a fan of puzzles, Elmo and the plastic cups that cheerios come in from Chickfila.  Whatever gets us out of the restaurant alive is usually the name of the game.

We dinnered with our friends the Hermans at said Chickfila a few weeks back and it was quite the hit.  Emma didn't want to leave the play area, so I enticed her with a trip to the restroom and back, as well as a short stint running the register (she ran behind the counter before I could say waffle fries). 

She out eats us occasionally and on our next mealtime adventure, she will cry and be "all done" completely before I even put the plate down.  I think she's expecting beef wellington or at least massive amounts of fruit.  She eats decently well, but could do a lot better.  She's not a mac and cheese girl, but loves her spaghetti.  She likes to pick up her soccer ball with her hands and will dunk the basketball now.  She's tall enough to do things like that.  WTH.  She likes to crawl into the cabinet like the kid from Christmas Story.  I even gave her some milk in there one time.  Then she handed me my Corningware dish and oh hell to the no get out of there.  Except I didn't tell her that, I just retrieved my breakables and gave her one whole cabinet for the taking.


David filled in a hole in our yard from the tree cutting with dirt.  That was exciting and involved my Dad, a load of "fill dirt" and a patter downer.  I am certain there's a real name for that thing, but I don't care.  We discussed buying a natural gas grill, which would require us to run a natural gas line.  We would love to, but we're not rich.  So we'll use charcoal like normal people.  I had visions of deck parties and wine bottles poppin.  The struggle is real, but the yard looks great.


So, Emma is now playing outside more, getting taller and her pants are falling down.  She comes home in different pants most of the days and yesterday came home with pants that weren't even hers.  I don't even wanna know what went on with that.  We exchanged pants this morning and I will remember the day I sent her to school with white leggings.  My bad.


We are having a wonderful start to our summer, which isn't really summer cause it's chilly.  Someone starts swim lessons again in a couple of weeks and will celebrate her second Easter.  I hope the ham we feed her this year is received much better than the jar of ham she got last year.  Looked straight out of something from Petco.  Word on the street is that we're making a Bunny cake.  Yay....  I mean, I am making a Bunny cake and letting Emma get Emmaspit all over it and allowing the decorations to end up on top of the dog and in David's mouth.  But hey, at least I'll get to go eat lunch at Chipotle when this thing is over! :)  hashtag Lentenpromises.............
 






No comments:

Post a Comment