Thursday, March 31, 2016

KICKING AND SCREAMING

Just another day in paradise.  Emma, as precious as she is, is a bit spoiled.  She likes her way, and she likes it all of the time.  She has no reason to fight over things, she's the only kid, and it's not like I'm trying to play with her toys.  (those Magnatiles though...)  So, when things are asked of her, sometimes she plays objector.  And sometimes, like the last two days, she straight up kicks her teacher in the shins.  The first of those days, she did it in front of the preacher.  Well, if that's not a reason to go to church...  So, when she did it again yesterday, I got a nice phone call and a request to come pick up the lil delinquent.  Here is hoping for a better day today because I cannot adult anymore.

In other news, WE ARE GOING TO THE FINAL FOUR!  And by we, I mean me and David and Carolina and for the love of everything it's going to be awesome.  We spent a good deal of cash in relatively little time preparing for this, but as David said..... "making memories."  And I can't wait to celebrate 5 years with him.  Watching basketball.  How romantic :)

Anyway.

I have figured out that I am not the best at this parenting thing.  I don't know how to make her do what I want when I want her to do it.  It's like she's a person and is making all these decisions to spite me.  Oh.  Well.  So, we are switching up strategies.  My goal every day is to not yell at her.  I have been successful maybe one day.  It's like when I get home and it's time to put her to bed, I just cannot.  I am done.  I am ready for an hour of my life until I wake up and do it all over again.  Except I can't sleep.  It's kind of nightmarish.  Maybe she gets this whole frustration thing honest.  And by maybe, I mean, bless her heart, she does.


No comments:

Post a Comment