Monday, November 17, 2014

KINDA LATE BUT....

The Halloween season started off with a trip to Ganyard Hill Farm, just like we did last year.  However, David got the sniffles and with all the hay and corn and crap out on the farm, he had to stay home.  So I lugged Emma to pick out a pumpkin and enjoy the other crap they have out there.  She had a great time I think, though it got warm towards the end.  She needed some encouragement to get into the corn crib, but once she started going down the slide, she rocked that crib.  We looked at some goats and took the shortcut through the hay maze, rode the hayride through the cornfields and then ended up picking out a pumpkin to take back home.  The kid got a really late nap that day, but I think she had a blast - I had a good time too and am still finding corn in places that I shouldn't.  We certainly missed Daddy though!






We had an amazing Halloween, highlighted by a visit from Uncle DonDon, Aunt Danielle and Mister Max himself.  Donald and Max both dressed like lions.  One was cute, one was hilariously scary.  You decide.  Emma went as Dr. Emma Perry, Chief of Surgery.  I made her name badge at work so that she looked like she actually worked at Johns Hopkins.  My friend swiped some stuff from the hospital to make her outfit completely legit.  She had such a big day at school and came home with a bunch of treats, which made it into our giveaway stash at the door.  Ha!  Don't tell Emma, but that's gonna happen next year too.  Everyone at school loved her outfit and she was totally cute in it too.  She topped it off with some fresh Air Force Ones.  No doctor in America has anything on my baby girl.

David and I took the day off work to prepare for the shindig we were having that night....which was really supposed to be low key.  Apparently we cannot do anything low key.  But we had a great time with burgers (David makes THEEEE best) and hot dogs and snacks and candy and drinks and trick or treating!!!!  I had more sangria than intended before heading out and had to potty at the neighbor's house....which was dark....so I ran straight into their washer and dryer.  But the night was super fun and ended with children crying as expected.  We dressed up like people from the show The Leftovers.  And it was weird.  I couldn't talk all night when I was in character and had to write everything down.  Thankfully I had other people watching Sweet Cheeks, because sangria.

We like to party.






No comments:

Post a Comment