Wednesday, October 15, 2014

8 YEARS

I'd be remiss if I didn't tell the world (since I already did on Facebook, why not here too), how much I miss my Mom.  Today is 8 years since she last was here on earth.  And she really wasn't here for a couple days prior to that, in the sense that she didn't crack smiles or tell me what to do or scold me for going somewhere alone that I shouldn't have.

I see her in the face of Emma, some of her mannerisms.  Most of those are mine, but some parts of her just scream out Nana.  I sure wish she'd been around to see me meet David and marry David and buy a house and most importantly, have an Emma.  Mom would have been head over heels crazy for her and Em would have loved to know her Nana.  Sometimes, it would be nice to be able to pick up the phone and ask for advice or vent or both.  But mostly, just to be a part of Sweet Cheeks' life and the constant growing up she's doing.

I love you Mom and we miss you.  Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment