Tuesday, December 4, 2012

WHAT ROLLS AROUND...

Emma continues to light up our lives, even when I am deliriously exhausted from catching whatever bug she has brought from school.  I never get sick, which makes this whole cold/flu thing every week a bit annoying.

My mom's family came to visit us this past weekend and the amazing Emma did not disappoint.  I mentioned to her that it would be a great day to roll over from her tummy to her back.  So, because I am such a great mother that commands respect, she did it!  I had her on her tummy and she started getting upset, and then she arched her back, stuck her butt in the air and rolled over.  She was startled when she ended up on her backside, not to mention my screaming and subsequent crying.  I am so proud of her and so thankful that all of us got to see it!  (The first time she rolled over, neither David or I saw it, and I think she was aided by the use of a rolled up towel).

Later on in the evening, my Dad started making his turkey noises - a favorite from Thanksgiving.  Emma decided it was hilarious and actually laughed out loud.  What a big girl!

Milk makes me sleepy.  So sleepy.

We were informed by her teachers at school that she was advanced and very smart, and clearly the best kid in the class.  She turned 4 months old yesterday and celebrated by wearing jeans and a pullover, and accompanying me to the Mebane outlets.  Time sure flies when you're drinking milk and sleeping.  Tomorrow she gets her 4 month shots and baby well check.  I am more interested in the well check, but dreading the shots.  I assume they are worse for me than for her, but the look on her face when that needle goes in is not something I'll soon forget.  And the wailing. 

Christmas is going to be amazing
with all these lights!

Her Christmas stocking arrived in the mail today.  It has her name on it, of course.  I'm not sure what else she is getting, but I am sure she'll be spoiled by Grandmommy and my mom's family.

She's developed some snot rockets that are pretty amazing for such a little girl.  We suck them out with the sucker and David is impressed with the size of her boogers.  I guess we have a dirty house, but at least her filter's working.

We heard her cry in her crib last night.  Not because she was hungry or waking up.  But because she was taking a poop in her britches.  There's nothing better than a video monitor to know exactly what the kid is doing at all times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment