Friday, November 9, 2012

TOTALLY IN LOVE

It's been a while since I wrote last, mainly because the Amazing Emma has been eating Mommy out of house and home.  I have almost completed my first week back at work.  Emma has almost completed her first week of school.  And I miss her every second I am away from her.  If you'd asked me several months ago if I'd be happy to go to work and to send Emma to hang out with someone else, I would have had a much different answer.

Back then, Emma cried and was small and ate all the time.  She slept, but then she didn't sleep.  I didn't sleep.  I just wanted a nap.  I figured I would nap at work during my lunch break and that sounded awesome.  Slowly, Emma has started to show her personality and get bigger and get even more amazing.  I went from drugged, to delirious and now to infatuation.  I love to look at her, I love to play with her, I love to hold her and I love to feed her.  She does so many things that I just treasure and I hate that she is getting bigger.  She will never look the same as she does today or the next day or the next.



She's barely fitting into her newborn clothes.  She moved to Size 1 diapers.  She is (mostly) sleeping through the night.  She goes to school during the day and has friends and agendas and a life away from her Mommy.  Wut?  Her head isn't as floppy.  She coos and talks and kicks her legs as if she's Ronaldo.  She's old enough to have some dry skin.  She takes vitamins.  She will watch the 60 inch plasma all day (she's definitely our child).  Her body is making lots of spit now.  Her nighttime sleeping is done in her crib.  Her sucking ability is crazy good.  She likes to sit up and look around.  She enjoys getting her diaper changed and will crack big grins in the morning and at night.  She is so exhausted from learning at school that she goes to bed earlier.  She's easily startled and throws her hands up in the air when spooked by a noise.  She sleeps with her hands up by her head like she scored a touchdown.

It makes me melt when she smiles and coos and grabs my finger.  I love her soft, soft skin that just gets softer with baby lotion.  I love that moment before she starts wailing when her bottom lip comes out and gets pouty.  I love to lay down on the couch and sleep with her head nestled into my neck.  So uncomfortable, but so worth it.

Emma dressed as a pumpkin for her first Halloween and helped us score two invites to two different Halloween parties.  We're now Emma's parents....not David and Clara.  I know how my Mom and Dad felt now.

She is now drinking 4 bottles at school (or Parkwood Baptist Church Day Care).  Did I mention we got into Parkwood??  It's like private school and I feel like we're in the cool clique.  I pump milk in my office like I work at Maple View Farms.  We bought a Volvo.  For Emma.  Never thought I'd have a husband, house, kid and Volvo. 

Emma's grandmommy is beyond in love with her and asks for daily pictures of her girl.  Emma's granddaddy is amazed by her and is relieved of his back up daycare duties, much to his relief.

I love her so much.








No comments:

Post a Comment