Tuesday, July 17, 2012

NO SERIOUSLY, I AM FINE

So it seems that now I am on weekly doctor visits.  Perfect for someone who hates the doctor.  All in the name of love for this little bundle of joy I am lugging around.  After last time when I was stuck in blood pressure/waiting room hell, I talked Dad into taking me to lessen the stress.  Wonderful plan that backfired.  I took my non-stress test, which DOES become stressful when they think your baby isn't moving enough.  Clearly, they aren't hanging out with me after dinner when the kid is playing soccer down there.  The non-stress test became quickly stressful and then they sent me along my way to get my blood pressure taken.  These hospital people, while good at their job, lack in common sense.

Of course my BP was quite high, but then I'd been thinking about that room and that cuff all night long.  Commence the freak out by the doctors, who then sent me (and my poor Dad) off to labor and delivery to check to make sure I did not have preeclampsia.  Fortunately, my pee in a cup and blood drawn has been perfect every other time, and this time was no exception.  I was told that they had no crushed ice in labor and delivery, which needs to be corrected in about a month's time.  This mama is going to be in demand of some crushed ice.  (What hospital doesn't have crushed ice anyway???)  10 times in 4 hours I found a way to pee in a cup or toilet.  That takes talent.

Once they determined I was ok, Dad said he might not accompany me anymore.  He was kidding.  I told him he could go next time and we went on our way back to work and home.  Homeland security is now at level 1, and everyone is freaking out about me getting rest, putting up my feet, not picking that spoon up and just generally making me feel useless.  David is surprised I haven't taken advantage of it.  I should send him out for ice cream I guess tonight just to make him feel loved :)

But Baby Perry is doing well and based on my Holiday Inn Express experience is growing more.  I would like her to be working in all sorts of ways, but if she's on the small side coming out, I wouldn't be offended.  David painted her nursery pink this weekend.  It's REALLY pink, and he did it with love.  He is so proud of his work and I am too.  Not so proud of the pink spots on the white carpet, the 8 towels we had to throw away or the paint brushes that are stained pink.  But he did it for his little girl and I couldn't be more pleased.

The Tanbark crew threw me a shower this weekend and it was amazing, as I thought it'd be.  They are way too generous and I hope to pay it forward when their kids have kids soon.  Amazing people and friends.....well, they are family!  Unfortunately, I had been thinking about cupcakes for about 4 weeks and had yet to make them.  I went head first into a cupcake and then a chocolate torte that Mrs. Willingham made.  I almost threw up on the back porch.  But dang it was good!

Also unfortunately, Grandma (Baby Perry's Great-Grandma) fell early that morning.  No one told David or I because they didn't want to ruin my shower.  We found out when I got home and headed back to the hospital.  For the second time in less than a week I followed an inmate complete with cops down a hospital hallway.  She is not doing well.  They moved her to hospice yesterday evening.  We are so sad but don't want her to suffer.  She is the rock of the family and really brings everyone together.  I had so hoped she'd meet her great-granddaughter and hold her.  We'll see how things turn out, but prayers and thoughts are big for David's mom and aunt right now.  They have given everything for her - Miss Chapel Hill!

Oh, and it took a year and a half but we finally picked out our wedding pictures :)

No time like the present to get shit done!

No comments:

Post a Comment